At Solent Scale Services we understand the importance of making changes to try and protect the planet. We may not be a large manufacturing company but we still believe that small changes can make a big impact, when everyone gets involved. Here are just a few things we are doing as a business to try and be more environmentally friendly:
- Our company vehicles are lease vehicles that are renewed every few years, therefore they have lower emissions than an old fleet of vehicles.
- When more than one engineer is needed on a single job we encourage them to "van share" if possible, saving on fuel & CO2 emissions.
- Some staff members also work remotely from home, saving on more fuel & CO2 emissions.
- Approximately 98% or our Calibration Certificates are now sent in PDF format (unless customer requests otherwise) therefore saving paper, envelopes & postal CO2 emissions.
- The paper we do use is "Eco Efficient".
- Any paper no longer needed is shredded and used as padding in some of our packaging.
- We re-use any boxes sent from our suppliers.
- Where possible we recycle old electronics
- To minimise consumption of large servers we make full use of "The Cloud"